APPRAISING YOUR TALENT’S PERFORMANCE
Managing, Talent or high performing staff is a critical role for a line manager. Performance appraisal should be ’employee centric’ whereby the talented employee presents achievements to the line manager and —NOT the other way around. Why?
- Today’s performance management means the employee treats their performance as a set of deliverables rather like a project manager-they are on top of the work
- It is the employee’s job not the line manager
- The employee knows what has happened during the year
- The employee can explain what went well and what did not and why
- The employee can summarise what they have learnt and what they would do differently next year
- The talent can appraise themselves